Shiitake Mushroom, Maine, Powder
Grown locally in Maine, we grind these shiitake mushrooms in-house for ease of use. Famous for their sweet and balanced flavor, shiitake add deep umami to whatever they are added to. Wonderful added to soup broth, or for enhancing vegetarian gravies and veggie burgers!
Contains: Dried shiitake mushroom powder.
- Botanical Name: Lentinula edodes
- Origin: Springdale, Maine USA
- Sourcing: Directly sourced from a local farm
- Tasting Notes: Sweet, savory, umami, earthy
- Pairs Well With: Eggs, gravies, broths and stocks
- Try In: Marinated Tofu with Miso Jam & Edo Spice
Make it a Gift: Featured in our Signature Supeq Spice. Or combine with with other vegetarian umami enhancers like Black Garlic Powder, Icelandic Wild Kelp, White Sesame Seeds, and Maras Chile Flakes, Gift Wrap