Sesame Seeds, White
Tenacious and nutritious, sesame plants have been cultivated for their seeds and oil for thousands of years in Eastern and Sub-Saharan Africa, as well as India where the domesticated variety originates. These raw sesame seeds are un-hulled to preserve their freshness and add a nuttier flavor. Use as a crunchy topping, or grind a handful to thicken soups and stews where the nut-like flavor can bring depth!
Contains: Raw, un-hulled white sesame seeds.
- Botanical Name: Sesamum indicum
- Alternate Names: Benne
- Tasting Notes: Sweet, nutty, mild
- Pairs Well With: Breads, stir-fries, salads
- Try In: Cherry-Almond-Mahlab Granola, Baharat Sesame & Fig Cookies, Edo Spiced Sesame Noodles with Golden Tofu
- Special Tips: Toast before use to enhance the flavor, being careful not to burn or heat too long as they will start to pop!