- Regular Price
- Sale Price
- Regular Price
- Unit Price
- translation missing: en.general.accessibility.unit_price_separator
‘Supeq’ means ocean in a local Native American dialect of the Algonquian languages. This blend, made from 100% New England sourced ingredients, is loaded with umami flavor. Nutrient-rich dulse seaweed is mixed with shiitake mushroom, ginger (yes, grown in Massachusetts!), nettle, and hot chile to create a wicked delicious spice blend that's healthy, too. Try on top of eggs or fish, mixed into kale salad or sautéed spinach, or just as a sprinkle on popcorn.
Each of our Signature Blends is an original creation by our founder Claire Cheney inspired by the people, places, and seasons encountered in her travels. From professional chefs to novice home cooks these aromatic and unique blends are sure to inspire delicious creativity.
Contains: Dulse seaweed (ME), sea salt (ME), shiitake mushroom (MA), ginger (MA), nettle (VT), hot chile (MA).
- Tasting Notes: Umami, piquant, gingery, mineral, zing
- Pairs Well With: Grain bowls, vegan Caesar salad, soups
- Try In: Roasted Cabbage with Supeq Dressing, Supeq Spiced Cod, Supeq Vegetable Chowder
- Learn More: Claire's Journal Aromatum: Rainbows/Seaweed, Featured on Bon Appetit’s list of 15 Spice Blends We Can’t Live Without
Make it a Gift: Gift Sets featuring Supeq Spice include 3-Tin Gift Set, 8-Tin Chef Set, Claire’s Spice Pantry, and Homegrown - Flavors of the USA. Or combine with Kelp Salt, Maine Fine Sea Salt, and Icelandic Wild Kelp, Gift Wrap