Chile, Maras Flakes
Similar to Aleppo chile, our Turkish Maras is a versatile and addictive chile flake. With mild to medium heat and fruity flavor we love it in fresh tomato sauces, soups and chicken dishes! Add at the beginning of cooking to build comfortable heat, or sprinkle Maras flakes as a garnish at the end to make the most of its wonderful sun-dried tomato flavor. We use it in everything!
Contains: Maras chile flakes, sunflower oil, salt.
- Botanical Name: Capsicum annuum
- Alternate Names: Marash Chile, Maras Biber
- Origin: Kahramanmaraş, Republic of Turkey
- Sourcing: Directly sourced
- Tasting Notes: Mild/medium heat, fruit, sun-dried tomato, roasted bell pepper, tart, lemony, umami
- Pairs Well With: Lemon, dips, spreads
- Try In: Cucumber Yogurt Soup with Maras & Sumac Drizzle
- Special Tips: Our Maras chile flakes contain salt, so taste before using and adjust your recipe accordingly