In use since before the Bronze Age, fenugreek is native to a large swath of Southern Europe, Mediterranean, and Western Asia. Sweet and earthy with a distinct aroma of maple syrup, grind and cook thoroughly to remove bitterness. Essential to Indian and East African cuisine, we love fenugreek seeds in curries and pickles. Or sprout the seeds and add to salads and stir fries as a micro green!
Contains: Dried fenugreek seeds.
- Botanical Name: Trigonella foenum-graecum
- Alternate Names: Methi, abish/abesh
- Tasting Notes: Sweet, maple syrup, bitter, nutty
- Pairs Well With: Ghee, greens, beef
- Try In: Beef stew, curry, pickles
- Special Tips: Fenugreek seeds can be very bitter. Toast before use, and cook thoroughly with other spices. A dash of lemon at the end of cooking can help balance any lingering bitterness