Ethiopian Niter Kibbeh Kit
The newest addition to our DIY Kits collection!
Niter kibbeh is a ghee, or clarified butter, that is infused with herbal and savory spices and is an essential ingredient for making Ethiopian recipes. Our kit contains spices, cheesecloth, and instructions to make niter kibbeh as well as recipes to get you started; all you need to add is butter and garlic!
Contains: Besobela, black pepper, korerima, koseret, ginger, fenugreek.
- Tasting Notes: Herbal, savory, grassy, peppery
- Pairs Well With: Seti Berbere, Ethiopian Turmeric, Grains of Paradise
- Try In: Braised greens, stewed lentils, Ethiopian curries
- Special Tips: Try substituting Niter Kibbeh 1:1 anywhere butter is called for in your everyday cooking
- Learn More: We're proud to source our Ethiopian herbs and spices from two woman-owned organizations. Check out Claire's sourcing trip to Ethiopia on Aromatum to learn more!