Grains of Paradise
While not a true pepper, Grains of Paradise have been used for millennia to add heat and zip to foods and beverages. Cultivated throughout West Africa and the Caribbean, this lovely "pepper" is in the ginger family and related to Cardamom and Korerima. Use in stews, curries, and beans to add a kiss of heat and bright, floral citrus notes. Or add a pinch to your favorite cocktail to brighten the flavor!
Contains: Grains of paradise seeds.
- Botanical Name: Aframomum melegueta
- Alternate Names: Melegueta pepper, alligator pepper, ossame, fom wisa
- Tasting Notes: Peppery, bright, floral, citrus
- Pairs Well With: Korerima, Koseret, Ajwain Seeds
- Try In: Soups, Stews, salads
- Special Tips: Grind before using, as you would pepper
Make it a Gift: Try our blends that feature Grains of Paradise- Rose Harissa and Ras el Hanout. Or give the gift of Ethiopian cooking with Ethiopia cookbook, Koseret, Besobela, and Korerima, Gift Wrap