Preserved Lemon Kit
- Regular Price
- Sale Price
- Regular Price
- Unit Price
- translation missing: en.general.accessibility.unit_price_separator
Fresh lemons are available year-round all over the world, but this was not always the case. Cooks in the ancient world preserved lemons with salt and spice to extend their availability, and in doing so created a wholly unique flavor. Traditional to North African and Mediterranean cuisine, preserved lemons are a tremendously versatile ingredient that will add savory, citrus sparkle to your meals. Our kit contains the salt, spices, instructions, and jar needed for curing the lemons - all you need to add is the fruit!
Takes minimum 3 weeks to cure in the fridge.
Contains: Sea salt, baies roses*, coriander, nigella, ajwain, mace, white long pepper, cardamom.
*Allergen Warning: Baies roses are related to cashew/tree nuts
- Tasting Notes: Salty, lemony, bright, peppery.
- Pairs Well With: Chicken thighs, braised greens, lentil salads, dips
- Try In: Preserved Lemon Hummus with Baharat Spiced Lamb
- Special Tips: Since you'll be consuming the rind, we recommend using organic lemons. To use preserved lemons, remove a piece from the jar and rinse under running water to remove spices and brine. Push the pulp out with your thumb and discard. Mince the rind into tiny pieces and add to salads, meat dishes, and more! Since the lemon rinds are salty, taste your dish before adding any additional salt.
Make it a Gift: Pair with other Mediterranean flavors like Aegean Salt, Kozani Spice, Nigella, Sumac, Greek Oregano, Gift Wrap