Pepper, Pink Baies Roses
Botanically related to the cashew, Baies Rose is not a true pepper. That doesn't stop it from being one of our favorite "peppercorns" to use in everything from seafood and white meat, to cheeses, desserts and cocktails. The flavor is light, fruity and wonderfully floral, while the fruit itself adds a gorgeous pop of color and subtle crunch.
Contains: Baies roses peppercorns.
*Allergen Warning: May cause allergic reactions in people with severe cashew/tree nut allergies*
- Botanical Name: Schinus molle
- Alternate Names: Pink Pepper
- Origin: Antalaha, Republic of Madagascar
- Sourcing: Direct sourced
- Tasting Notes: Citrus, rose, floral
- Pairs Well With: Kampot Black Pepper, Fennel Seeds, Black Sesame
- Try In: Chocolate Baies Roses Shortbread, Baies Roses and Caper Chicken Salad with Yogurt Dressing, Baies Roses & Ajwain Red Pepper Relish
- Learn More: Claire's Journal Aromatum: Not Peppercorns
- Special Tips: Try Baies Roses in your next batch of pickles! We use it in our preserved lemons, where it adds a peppery floral note that is so lovely