Native to Eurasia, dill is a classic ingredient in many Eastern European recipes. The seeds are reminiscent of caraway and anise with a hint of herbal, citrusy dill weed, and are a staple of pickles, soups, and breads. Dill seeds play nicely with sharp vinegar and sweet winter vegetables like carrot and cabbage.
Contains: Dried dill seeds.
- Botanical Name: Anethum graveolens
- Tasting Notes: Caraway, anise, dill weed, citrusy, sweet, bitter, base note
- Pairs Well With: Vinegar, root vegetables, breads
- Try In: Pickle brines, lentils, borscht
- Special Tips: Use ground, or toast/fry in oil and use whole