Chile, Chipotle, Massachusetts, Whole
Grown locally here in Massachusetts, we love the smoky fruitiness of these chipotles! Vine ripened jalapeños are smoked and dried to produce a chile with all the heat of a jalapeño but a much deeper flavor. Notes of tobacco and raisins along with smoke and raspberry makes this a delightful addition to beans, chili, or salsa.
Contains: Whole chipotle chilies.
- Botanical Name: Capsicum annuum
- Origin: Sunderland, Massachusetts USA
- Sourcing: Directly sourced from a small local farm
- Harvest: Fall 2021
- Tasting Notes: Raisin, chocolate, medium heat, raspberry, smoke, tobacco
- Heat; 5k-10k SHU
- Pairs Well With: Beans, tomatoes, Granulated Garlic
- Try In: Salsa, chili, chipotles in adobo
- Special Tips: Toast in a skillet before rehydrating in boiling water for 10 minutes, or fry lightly to infuse oil before cooking onions. Can remain whole or be diced and added back to the pot