Chile, Ancho, Whole
Large and sweet with mild heat, these whole anchos are actually dried poblano chilies. Rehydrate in water to add a deep, chocolaty-raisin flavor with hints of tobacco to tomato sauces, enchilada sauces, and tamales. Or grind the dried pepper to pep up chocolate baked goods!
Contains: Whole ancho chilies.
- Botanical Name: Capsicum annuum
- Tasting Notes: Chocolate, raisin, sweet, bitter, tobacco, mild heat
- Pairs Well With: Cumin Seeds, black beans, tomato sauce
- Try In: Vegetable stew, beans, tamales
- Special Tips: To rehydrate, soak in water for 10 minutes. Remove the seeds as they can be bitter