Made from ground, sun-dried limes, this powder adds punchy, bright, tart flavors balanced by savory funky notes. A key ingredient in Persian cooking, black limes are often used whole by piercing and tossing into a cooking stew, soup, or pot of beans. As a powder, their potential for use broadens to sprinkling on legumes, salads, and even desserts.
Contains: Ground black lime.
- Botanical Name: Citrus latifolia
- Alternate Names: Omani lime, Persian lime
- Origin: Alta Verapaz, Guatemala
- Tasting Notes: Sour, citrusy, funky, earthy
- Pairs Well With: Persian saffron, rose petals, fresh dill, fresh parsley
- Try In: Watermelon Refresher with Black Lime & Magic Salt
- Special Tips: Dried lime powder can be used as a substitute for sumac - bringing bright, tart flavors to your dish. Dried lime is potent - start with a pinch and add more as desired