A cousin of the more familiar black pepper, long pepper is a cluster of tiny peppercorns, each slightly larger than a poppyseed and embedded in a blunt flower spike that looks like the center of a calla lily. White Long Pepper seeds have been removed from the flower stalk, soaked and skinned to produce a light colored pepper with incredible flavor. Grown in a protected Southern microclimate in Cambodia, this pepper has distinct notes of lime zest and fruit.
Contains: White long pepper seeds.
- Botanical Name: Piper longum
- Origin: Kampot, Kingdom of Cambodia
- Sourcing: Directly sourced from small farms protected under the Geographical Indication of Origin designation
- Tasting Notes: Lime zest, citrus, herbal, sage, long piquant finish
- Pairs Well With: Sri Lankan Ground Ginger, Makrut Lime Leaf
- Try In: Purées, sauces, desserts
- Learn More: Claire's Journal Aromatum: Kampot Pepper
- Special Tips: Use whole or grind