Related to Sichuan pepper, timut pepper is also in the citrus family. With a distinct grapefruit flavor and bright zingy tingle, it is perfect for fish, tomatoes and your own spin on mapo tofu.
Contains: Timut pepper berries.
- Botanical Name: Zanthoxylum armature
- Origin: Nepalanj, Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal
- Sourcing: Grown on a small farm
- Tasting Notes: Grapefruit, numbing, tingling, woody, floral
- Pairs Well With: Cassia Cinnamon, Indian Turmeric, Sri Lankan Ginger
- Try In: Mapo tofu, roasted fish, salad dressing
- Special Tips: If you aren't familiar with timut pepper, use sparingly at first and work your way up