Chile, Piment d'Ville
- Regular Price
- Sale Price
- Regular Price
- Unit Price
- translation missing: en.general.accessibility.unit_price_separator
Grown on a small, woman-owned farm from the seeds of the French Espelette chile, we are in love with this flavorful chile flake. Espelette chilies are a Basque region staple and very difficult to find outside of France. The Mediterranean climate of Northern California makes it the perfect place to cultivate the beloved flavor profile of the original.
In the Basque region Piment d’Espelette chile flakes are used in place of pepper, and with Piment d’Ville we see why! With a heat very similar to black pepper and a lovely fruity, acidic sweetness, toss this in some salad dressing or quick pickles to help the flavors sing!
Contains: Espelette chile flakes.
- Botanical Name: Capsicum annuum
- Origin: Boonville, California USA
- Sourcing: Direct sourced from a small woman owned farm using sustainable farming practices
- Harvest: Fall 2021
- Tasting Notes: Sweet, acid, fruity, mild heat
- Heat: 4k - 5k SHU
- Pairs Well With: Maine Fine Sea Salt, chicken, fruit
- Try In: Smoked Trout Pâté, Chard and Sausage Strata with Piment D'ville Basque Chile
- Learn More: Curio Spice Blog: Boonville Barn Collective
- Special Tips: This chile flake can be used during cooking or as a garnish. Anywhere you would use black pepper is an appropriate place to substitute in some Piment D’ville!
Make it a Gift: Featured in our Homegrown-Flavors of the USA set and Single Origin Cabinet of Wonders. Or pair with other products from Boonville like Comapeño Chile and Citrus & Chile Marmalade, Gift Wrap