- Regular Price
- Sale Price
- Regular Price
- Unit Price
- translation missing: en.general.accessibility.unit_price_separator
Our Edo Spice signature blend combines chilies, citrus and rare and invigorating sansho pepper from Japan. Edo (rhymes with 'meadow') refers to the historic name of Tokyo, as well as the 'Edo period' between 1615 and 1860, when there was great economic growth in Japan. This blend, with its bright, hot flavors and nutty, umami notes is inspired by the traditional Japanese 7 spice (shichimi togarashi) which is believed to have first been assembled in kitchens during the Edo period. Enjoy this whimsical, dimensional blend simply on top of noodles, rice or veggies, or try making a smashed edamame dip with a bit of garlic and sesame oil to serve as a tasty appetizer with crackers.
Each of our Signature Blends is an original creation by our founder Claire Cheney inspired by the people, places, and seasons encountered in her travels. From professional chefs to novice home cooks these aromatic and unique blends are sure to inspire delicious creativity.
Contains: Black sesame, orange peel, Japones chilies, poppy seed, wild nori, sea lettuce, dulse, sansho, yuzu, pickled cherry blossom.
- Tasting Notes: Hot, tart, floral, bitter, citrusy, numbing, umami
- Pairs Well With: Rice, noodles, avocado
- Try In: Edo Spiced Sesame Noodles with Golden Tofu, Edo Spiced Pecans, Marinated Tofu with Miso Jam and Edo Spice
- Learn More: Saveur Magazine: A Visit to the Best Little Spice Shop in Cambridge
Make it a Gift: Edo Spice is featured in our 8-Tin Chef Set, and a 3-Tin Gift Set