Poppy Seeds, Blue
Nutty and crunchy, blue poppy seeds are popular in many types of sweet and savory pastries in Central European and Russian cuisine. Also popular in Indian cuisine, where they are used in a wide variety of applications. Use as a crunchy topping, or grind into a paste for fillings or as a nutritious thickening agent.
Contains: Blue poppy seeds.
- Botanical Name: Papaver somniferum
- Alternate Names: Khus Khus, posto
- Tasting Notes: Nutty, sweet, mild, earthy
- Pairs Well With: Yeasted bread, citrus, honey
- Try In: Yuzu Poppyseed Cake