Sour pomegranate varieties are squeezed and the juice is slowly simmered to produce this sweet, tart, intensely fragrant molasses. Essential for many Middle Eastern dishes, this syrup is at home in savory or sweet recipes from braised meats to salads to cocktails.
- Origin: Lebanese Republic
- Tasting Notes: Sour, tart, sweet, fruity, molasses, balsamic
- Pairs Well With: Za'atar, cumin, white sesame, spearmint
- Try In: Marinades, veal, poultry, labneh, grain salads, hummus
- Special Tips: No refrigeration needed