Peppercorn, Kampot Red
Grown only in a Southern microclimate and protected by a Geographical Indication of Origin this rare Cambodian pepper is harvested when the berries have fully ripened to a striking red. Not to be confused with more commonly available red or pink "pepper", which is almost always the berry of an entirely different plant. With a deep, rich flavor reminiscent of molasses and chocolate, Kampot Red Pepper is sweeter and more mild than its black or green counterpart. The sweet notes and raspberry aroma lend this pepper well to desserts and even ice cream!
Contains: Red peppercorns.
- Botanical Name: Piper nigrum
- Origin: Kampot, Kingdom of Cambodia
- Sourcing: Directly sourced from small farms protected under the Geographical Indication of Origin designation
- Tasting Notes: Molasses, cacao nibs, cherries, sweet, mild heat, raspberry
- Pairs Well With: Cambodian Fleur de Sel, ice cream, chocolate
- Learn More: Claire's Journal Aromatum: Kampot Pepper
- Special Tips: To preserve freshness, only grind right before using in a mortar or pepper grinder, and use with a light touch
Make it a Gift: Featured in our Single Origins Cabinet of Wonders curated set, as well as our Pepper Mill Mix. Or get other special Cambodian peppers like the black, white and long varieties, Gift Wrap