This Indonesian variety of pepper is larger and smoother than other black peppers with a small stem trailing off to the side, giving rise to the nickname "Comet's Tail Pepper". Intensely flavorful yet low in heat, with notes of pine, mint, and allspice we recommend using it sparingly at first! Pairs wonderfully with lemons and other citrus, as well as grilled meats and vegetables.
Contains: Black peppercorns.
- Botanical Name: Piper cubeba
- Alternate Names: Java Pepper, Comet Pepper, Comet's Tail Pepper
- Origin: Republic of Indonesia
- Tasting Notes: Pine, mint, allspice, intense, fresh, bright, aromatic
- Pairs Well With: Urfa Chile Flakes, Afghan Wild Cumin
- Try In: Infusions, pizza
- Learn More: Claire's Journal Aromatum: Comet's Tail Pepper
- Special Tips: To preserve freshness, only grind right before using in a mortar or pepper grinder, and use with a light touch