Contrary to the name, Mexican oregano is actually in the lemon verbena family along with its cousin koseret. This wonderful herb has a savory, citrusy, grassy flavor that is as versatile as it is delicious. Essential for Mexican style sauces and beans, we love this in soups and braised pork as well!
Contains: Dried Mexican oregano leaves.
- Botanical Name: Lippia graveolens
- Alternate Names: Orégano cimarrón, scented lippia
- Tasting Notes: Savory, earthy, citrusy, grassy
- Pairs Well With: Ground Ancho, beans, white meat
- Try In: Seasoned rice, bean soup, chili
- Special Tips: Activate the full flavor profile by briefly rubbing firmly between your hands to warm the oils, or toasting in a warm skillet