Fennel Seeds, Sicilian Wild
Growing wild in its natural habitat of the Mediterranean, we source these seeds from our friends’ small family farm in Ferla, Sicily. Smaller and darker in color than cultivated seeds, this wild fennel is concentrated, sweet, and deeply aromatic. We love it with seafood, potatoes, citrus, and desserts!
Contains: Wild fennel seeds.
- Botanical Name: Foeniculum vulgare
- Origin: Ferla, Sicily Italy
- Sourcing: Directly sourced from a small family farm
- Tasting Notes: Sweet, balanced anise/licorice flavor, slightly bitter, herbal
- Pairs Well With: Fish, roasted potatoes, sweets
- Try In: Sicilian Wild Fennel Biscotti
- Special Tips: While licorice is not a popular flavor profile in the US, we find fennel to be mild, sweet, and wonderful for balancing flavors, without the harshness of licorice