Vanilla Extract, House-Made
Aged in bourbon oak barrels for 3 months, our house-made Madagascar vanilla is creamy and rich with notes of dark chocolate and crème brûlée. We source the vanilla pods directly from our partner farm in Madagascar which supports sustainable practices and and an investment in the local community. Contrary to the “plain vanilla” stereotype, natural vanilla is a deeply complex spice, with over 200 distinct flavor components. This extract shines in whipped cream, apple pie, cocktails, and more!
2 fluid oz
Contains: Extract of Madagascar vanilla beans in alcohol (40%).
- Botanical Name: Vanilla planifolia
- Origin: Antalaha, Sava Region, Republic of Madagascar
- Sourcing: Vanilla directly sourced and sustainably grown and harvested
- Tasting Notes: Strong vanilla aroma, fig, date, sweet, chocolate, oak, leather, bitter, caramel, creamy
- Pairs Well With: Cream, citrus, baked goods
- Try In: Baharat Sesame & Fig Cookies, Saffron & Apricot Goldies
- Learn More: Claire’s Journal Aromatum: Madagascar