Clove Buds, Sri Lankan
Native to the Moluku Islands in Indonesia, clove buds have been traded far and wide for thousands of years. While small, these dried flowers pack a flavorful punch and have become the cornerstone flavor for many classic baked goods. Drop a few into your next batch of mulled cider or hot toddies, or grind with other warming spices to make your own pumpkin pie spice mix.
Contains: Dried clove buds.
- Botanical Name: Syzygium aromaticum
- Origin: Kandy, Sri Lanka
- Tasting Notes: Piquant, peppery, citrusy, numbing
- Pairs Well With: Pork, citrus, basil
- Try In: Glazed ham, cranberry sauce, hibiscus tea
- Special Tips: Clove is a powerful flavor, and ours are particularly fresh so a little goes a long way!
Make it a Gift: Featured in our Signature Kandy Spice, as well as Sichuan Five Spice blend. Or combine with other classic warming spices like Mace Blades, Sri Lankan Sweet Cinnamon, and Sri Lankan Ground Ginger, Gift Wrap