Chile, Japones, Diced
Prized for its heat, the japones chile is used extensively in Asian, Central and South American, and Caribbean cuisines to bring heat without altering the flavor of a dish. Use these flakes to add heat to sauces, marinades, dry rubs and infusions. With a heat similar to Serrano or cayenne, this is an excellent choice for kicking up the heat on a dish!
0.4 oz Jar
Contains: Dried japones chile flakes.
- Botanical Name: Capsicum annuum
- Alternate Names: Hontaka, Santaka, Japanese Pepper
- Tasting Notes: Medium heat, mild flavor
- Heat: 15k-30k SHU
- Pairs Well With: Sansho Pepper, tofu, noodles
- Try In: Málà Pork Wontons with Orange Chile Oil, stir fry, curry