Chile, Japones, Whole
Prized for its heat, the japones chile is used extensively in Asian, Central and South American, and Caribbean cuisines to bring heat without altering the flavor of a dish. This medium hot chile is essential for Japanese, Sichuan and Hunan dishes, where they can be used whole, toasted, chopped, pureed or ground. With a heat similar to Serrano or cayenne, this is an excellent choice for kicking up the heat on a dish!
Contains: Dried whole japones chilies.
- Botanical Name: Capsicum annuum
- Alternate Names: Hontaka, Santaka, Japanese Pepper
- Tasting Notes: Medium-hot heat, mild flavor
- Heat: 15k-30k SHU
- Pairs Well With: Sansho Pepper, tofu, noodles
- Try In: Stir fry, curry
- Special Tips: Can be used dry or rehydrated- rinse and soak in hot water for 10 minutes to rehydrate before using