Chile, Comapeño, California, Ground
A rare Mexican chile originating in the mountains of Veracruz, comapeño is bright and citrusy, with twice the heat of cayenne. We are proud to source this unique chile from our friends at Boonville Barn Collective in California, a woman-owned business working to bring little known chilies into US kitchens, and the only commercial grower of this chile in the US! With fantastic color and clean fruity heat, we find ourselves reaching for comapeño when making guacamole, ceviche, braised beef and salsa.
Contains: Comapeño chile powder.
- Botanical Name: Capsicum annuum
- Origin: Boonville, California USA
- Sourcing: Directly sourced from a small woman-owned farm dedicated to sustainable and ethical farming practices
- Harvest: Fall 2021
- Tasting Notes: Hot, citrus, bright, clean, fruity
- Heat: 50k - 100k SHU
- Pairs Well With: Maine Fine Sea Salt, beans, avocado, fish
- Try In: Avocado toast, beef dishes
- Learn More: The Spice Blog Producer Spotlight: Boonville Barn Collective