Cardamom Pods, Guatemalan Green
A relative of ginger and native to South Asia, green cardamom has been prized for its bright, unique flavor for thousands of years. Essential for Indian cooking, this little pod is also indispensable for many Scandinavian and Middle Eastern recipes. We source our green cardamom from a farming co-op centered in Coban, Guatemala, and are in love with its elegant shape and bright, complex flavor!
Contains: Green cardamom pods.
- Botanical Name: Elettaria cardamomum
- Alternate Names: Cardamon, cardamum
- Origin: Alta Verapaz, Republic of Guatemala
- Sourcing: Sourced from small farms by a local co-operative
- Tasting Notes: Bright, citrusy, fresh, peppery, piquant, minty
- Pairs Well With: Coffee, citrus fruit, tea
- Try In: Rhubarb Shikanji- Tart & Sweet Summer Sherbet, Swedish Cardamom Brioche, Turmeric Spiced Shortcakes
- Learn More: Curio Spice Blog: 2020 Benefit Report
- Special Tips: Use whole, or easily remove and grind the seeds. Break the pod open with your thumbnail or lightly smash in a mortar and pestle or the side of a knife and scrape out the seeds