Cardamom Pods, Black
Related to green cardamom, black cardamom is a key ingredient in many Indian and Nepalese dishes. Intensely aromatic with notes of menthol and smoke, these pods pack a punch! Picked when fully ripe and then dried over wood fires, black cardamom has a beautifully smoky flavor that is perfect in savory dishes.
Contains: Dried black cardamom pods.
- Botanical Name: Amomum subulatum
- Alternative Names: Badi elaichi, kali elaichi
- Tasting Notes: Warming, smoky, notes of menthol, mint, citrus, musky, bold
- Pairs Well With: Gamey meats, curries, legumes
- Try In: Lamb curry, pho, dals
- Special Tips: Not to be confused with Ethiopian Korerima, which is also often called black cardamom, but comes from a different region and has a different flavor profile.