Butterfly Pea Flower
- Regular Price
- Sale Price
- Regular Price
- Unit Price
- Translation missing: en.general.accessibility.unit_price_separator
We source this rare Butterfly Pea Flower directly from Cartagena, Colombia. Steep in liquid at any temperature for a gorgeous deep indigo color; a 4-6 hour steep yields the most striking results. Add lemon (or any acid) and watch an instant color shift to purple or pink! Use in teas, cocktails, or creamy desserts.
Sales of this product directly support the Granitos de Paz or "Grains of Peace" Foundation in the city of Cartagena to help support urban families gain food security and supplemental income by growing this plant (and others) on small patios (see below for more info). THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP UPLIFTING THESE FAMILIES!
Contains: Dried butterfly pea flower blossoms.
- Botanical Name: Clitoria ternatea
- Alternate Names: Asian pidgeonwings, bluebellvine, blue pea, cordofan pea or Darwin pea
- Origin: Cartagena, Colombia
- Sourcing: Directly sourced from a small Colombian NGO
- Tasting Notes: Grassy, sweet, green tea
- Pairs Well With: Cardamom, rose, juniper, lemon
- Try In: Gin & tonics, panna cotta, herbal tisanes
The Granitos de Paz Foundation created an innovative and repeatable model for comprehensive recovery of vulnerable areas that seeks to provide the necessary tools so that hundreds of low-income families can get out of poverty and access a decent standard of living and a promising future. Its strategy is based on the sum of efforts of public and private entities that share its goals.