Bay Leaf, Sicilian
Deeply aromatic, these directly sourced bay leaves are perfect for stocks, soups, and legumes. Grown in the bright Mediterranean sunshine by Katia and Maurizio Marino on their small family farm, we love the incredible base notes that these bay leaves bring to a dish. Notes of basil, oregano, mint, and allspice along with beautiful bay flavor that is all it’s own, these are a staple in our kitchen!
Contains: Bay leaves.
- Botanical Name: Laurus nobilis
- Alternative Names: Bay laurel, sweet bay, laurel
- Origin: Ferla, Sicily Italy
- Sourcing: Direct sourced from our partner farm in Sicily
- Tasting Notes: Woody, herbal, hints of mint and allspice
- Pairs Well With: Sri Lankan Black Pepper, chicken stock, beans
- Try In: Chicken soup, lentil salad, meat brines
- Special Tips: These bay leaves are much more flavorful than commercially available bay, so use sparingly at first! Can be used whole or powdered, but remember to remove whole leaves before storing leftovers or the leaf can impart a bitter flavor