Bring the flavor of the Southwest into your kitchen with whole dried Hatch chilies! Beloved for their earthy and slightly smoky flavor, Hatch chilies are famously versatile and delicious. The name Hatch is actually a term for several New Mexican varieties of hot chilies grown specifically in the Hatch Valley region of Doña Ana County NM. Closely related to the Anaheim, the varieties of chilies grown in the Hatch Valley benefit from the sunny, dry environment and terroir of the area which causes them to be hotter and more flavorful than their counterparts grown elsewhere. We love them for seasoning meats and veggies, or for making sauces with!
Contains: Whole Hatch chilies.
- Botanical Name: Capsicum annuum
- Origin: Doña Ana County, New Mexico USA
- Sourcing: Direct sourced
- Tasting Notes: Mild/medium heat, smoky, earthy
- Pairs Well With: Ground Cumin, beef, vegetables
- Try In: Chile paste, enchiladas
- Special Tips: To rehydrate rinse and soak in boiling water for 10 minutes