Native to Northeast Asia, schisandra berries are also known as the ‘five-flavor-fruit’ due to its complex flavor profile that is described as sweet, salty, sour, bitter, and pungent/umami. Steep to make tea, flavor kombucha, or make a simple syrup for cocktails.
Contains: Dried schisandra berries.
- Botanical Name: Schisandra chinensis
- Alternate Names: Magnolia vine/berry, omija, gomishi
- Tasting Notes: Sweet, sour, piquant, bitter, berry
- Pairs Well With: Honey, fruit, desserts
- Try In: Tea, fruit punch, syrups