Makrut Lime Leaf
Essential to Thai cooking, these unique leaves bring a bright lime flavor to any dish! Use like bay leaves in soups, stews and curries, or use to garnish cocktails. We directly source these from California where they are lovingly grown and dried for us.
- Botanical Name: Citrus hystrix
- Alternate Names: Kaffir lime, Thai lime, Mauritius papeda
- Origin: Fallbrook, California USA
- Sourcing: Direct sourced
- Tasting Notes: Bright, lime, citrus, citronella
- Pairs Well With: Lemongrass Pieces, garlic
- Try In: Thai Green Curry Paste, Thai Green Curry with Chicken, tom yum soup
- Learn More: Claire’s Journal Aromatum: A Pair of Leaves
- Special Tips: The most common name for Makrut lime is ‘kaffir lime’, however there is rising awareness in the US that that word is a strong racial slur in many parts of the world and should be avoided!