Kampot & Salt
- Regular Price
- Sale Price
- Regular Price
- Unit Price
- Translation missing: en.general.accessibility.unit_price_separator
Kampot pepper is a rare peppercorn from Southern Cambodia. After the commercial pepper farming industry was destroyed during the Khmer Rouge genocide, wild pepper was rediscovered in the forests of Kampot and brought back into cultivation. This region is now protected by a Geographic Designation of Origin by the European Union, to ensure that this pepper is grown organically and to the highest standards of quality.
This blend combines Kampot black pepper and traditional Cambodian flavors with Maine Sea salt to make a bright, refreshing blend perfect for tossing with vegetables, adding to dressing, rubbing into meat (such as steak) or for sprinkling on seafood after cooking. Featured on Saveur's list of favorite lunch condiments, Kampot & Salt also makes a lovely salt rim for margaritas!
Each of our Signature Blends is an original creation by our founder Claire Cheney inspired by the people, places, and seasons encountered in her travels. From professional chefs to novice home cooks these aromatic and unique blends are sure to inspire delicious creativity.
Contains: Kampot pepper, Maine sea salt, ginger, lime, tarragon.
- Tasting Notes: Piquant, peppery, salty, citrus, lime, hint of anise, gingery
- Pairs Well With: Red meat, grilled vegetables, seafood
- Try In: Kampot & Salt Quick Pickles, Green Pea Hummus Crostini with Everything Rainbow
- Learn More: Claire’s Journal Aromatum: Kampot Pepper