Powder from the dried leaves of the makrut lime tree, which is an essential flavor in Southeast Asian cuisine. Bright and citrusy, use this versatile powder in Thai soups and curries, or try it on fish, white meat or salads!
Contains: Makrut lime leaf powder.
- Botanical Name: Citrus hystrix
- Alternate Names: Kaffir lime, Thai lime, Mauritius papeda
- Origin: Exeter, California USA
- Tasting Notes: Citrus, lime, citronella
- Pairs Well With: Coriander, chicken, tofu
- Try In: Da Lat Roasted Delicata Squash
- Learn More: Claire’s Journal Aromatum: A Pair of Leaves
- Special Tips: The most common name for Makrut lime is ‘kaffir lime’, however there is rising awareness in the US that that word is a strong racial slur in many parts of the world and should be avoided!