- Regular Price
- Sale Price
- Regular Price
- Unit Price
- translation missing: en.general.accessibility.unit_price_separator
We source this aromatic saffron from the Kozani region of Greece, which is renowned for producing particularly aromatic and intensely colored saffron. With its figgy flavor and deep color, we love this in baked goods, paella, and other rich dishes.
Prized for thousands of years, the saffron crocus was originally domesticated somewhere around the Mediterranean. Whether it was in Mesopotamia (modern-day Iran and Iraq) or ancient Greece remains debated, but its status as a precious commodity has prevailed down the years. The aromatic, crimson stigma and styles of the crocus flower are painstakingly gathered, dried, and graded to produce the aromatic saffron beloved by gourmands throughout history.
0.5 gram Jar
Contains: Saffron threads.
- Botanical Name: Crocus sativus
- Origin: Kozani region, Greece
- Tasting Notes: Fresh hay, sweet, fruity, earthy, honey, figs, raisins
- Pairs Well With: Rice, chicken, desserts
- Try In: Saffron & Apricot Goldies, Saffron Scented Popovers, Harissa & Saffron Jeweled Cauliflower
- Special Tips: Steep in warm (not boiling) water for up to 20 minutes before adding threads and steeping water to your dish. For dry recipes like cookies and cakes, grind thoroughly in a mortar and pestle before adding
Make it a Gift: Featured in our Curiosity Cabinet set and Signature Kozani Spice blend. Or combine with other wonderful Greek flavors like Greek Oregano, Aegean Salt, Mastic, Gift Wrap