Grown in the hot arid Summers and mild Winters of the foothills of Mount Olympus, this oregano is concentrated and boldly aromatic. The word oregano is derived from Classical Greek and translates to ‘Brightness of the Mountain’, which we find entirely apt! Finely diced and with a bright, spicy, and piney flavor we love this in salad dressing, tomato sauce, and roasted vegetables.
Contains: Dried oregano leaves.
- Botanical Name: Origanum onites
- Alternative Names: Wild marjoram
- Origin: Larissa, Greece
- Tasting Notes: Bright, piney, minty, herbal, slightly tongue tingling, warm, spicy
- Pairs Well With: Sicilian Red Chile Flakes, feta, lemon
- Try In: Greek Farro Salad with Kozani Spiced Feta, Aegean Salad Dressing & Greek Salad
- Special Tips: Greek oregano is a powerful herb with a hint of bitterness, use a little and taste before adding more