Harvested midday when the sun is out and blossoms are open wide, our chamomile is gently sweet with notes of apple and hay. Try sprinkling some petals into a summer salad, or steeping the whole flower in honey simple syrup for a delicious yogurt-topper or cocktail ingredient.
Contains: Dried chamomile flowers.
- Botanical Name: Matricaria recutita
- Alternate Names: German chamomile, blue chamomile, scented Mayweed
- Origin: East Calais, Vermont USA
- Sourcing: Directly sourced from a small local farm
- Tasting Notes: Apple, sweet straw
- Pairs Well With: Lavender, Spearmint, Elderflower, peaches, yogurt
- Try In: Salads, custards, cocktails
- Special Tips: Blue chamomile is naturally higher in chamazulene than its Roman counterpart. This aromatic compound is released as a deep blue oil when the flower heads are distilled, giving it it's common name.