Hailing from the same family as cabbage and kale, mustard plants have a long and stalwart culinary history in all forms: leaf, root, and seed. While all parts are delicious, we are really here for the sweet and spicy seeds! When warmed, the seeds will begin to ‘pop’ and release aromatic oil that is so essential to many classic Indian dishes, as well as BBQ sauces and chutneys.
Contains: Brown mustard seeds.
- Botanical Name: Brassica juncea
- Alternate Names: Indian mustard
- Tasting Notes: Sweet, spicy, sharp, brassica
- Pairs Well With: Vinegar, curry leaves, greens
- Try In: Coarse Mustard with Herbes de Romance
- Special Tips: Brown mustard can be used interchangeably with black. Make sure to toast before use for full flavor!