Cinnamon, Sri Lankan Sweet, Quills
Also called ‘true cinnamon’, sweet cinnamon is native to Sri Lanka and prized for its balanced and versatile flavor. Delicate, warming, and slightly citrusy, it is wonderful in applications both sweet and savory. Drop whole quills in hot beverages, or crumble the sticks for stews and curries. This is the cinnamon called for most frequently in Indian and Mexican recipes.
Voted best overall cinnamon quills by Saveur!
Contains: Cinnamon bark.
- Botanical Name: Cinnamomum verum
- Alternate Names: True cinnamon, Ceylon cinnamon, canela
- Origin: Galle, Sri Lanka
- Tasting Notes: Sweet, balanced, citrusy, warming, slightly savory
- Pairs Well With: Chocolate, beef, lentils
- Try In: Curries, mole, Mexican hot chocolate
- Learn More: Claire’s Journal Aromatum: Ceylon Cinnamon, Part 1