Turmeric, Indian, Ground
A relative of ginger, turmeric has been prized for thousands of years as both a pigment and a spice. Native to South and Southeast Asia, people have carried the cheerful and colorful rhizome with them to the Middle East, East Africa, Madagascar, Australia, and Polynesia (and beyond!). We source this excellent turmeric from a socially responsible farming collective that empowers women and supports rural farmers and grind it fresh in-house. Vibrantly colored, and with lovely citrus notes, this turmeric is ideal for curries, coconut milk lattes and soups.
Contains: Ground dried turmeric.
- Botanical Name: Curcuma longa
- Alternate Names: Haldi, ird
- Origin: Idukki, Republic of India
- Sourcing: Directly sourced from a farming collective supporting women and rural farmers
- Tasting Notes: Bright, earthy, notes of citrus, bitter, peppery
- Pairs Well With: Soups, curries, lattes
- Try In: Turmeric Spiced Shortcakes, Turmeric Samosa Soup
- Learn More: Claire’s Journal Aromatum: Turmeric Craze & an Easy Elixir
Make it a Gift: Featured in our Cottage Collection set, Comfort Curry blend and Golden Milk Turmeric Latte Mix. Or combine with other classic Indian spices like Garam Masala, Green Cardamom Pods, Sri Lankan Sweet Cinnamon Quills, Brown Mustard Seeds, Curry Leaves, Gift Wrap