A wild relative of true pepper that grows only in Madagascar, voatsiperifery berries are smaller than standard black peppercorns with a long comet-like stem. This variety of pepper has an intensely herbal, floral and citrusy aroma and flavor that lends itself well to recipes with a more delicate flavor profile like flatbreads, fish, and vegetables.
Contains: Black peppercorns.
- Botanical Name: Piper borbonense
- Origin: Antalaha, Republic of Madagascar
- Sourcing: Directly sourced
- Tasting Notes: Piquant, woody, herbal, floral, peppery, citrusy
- Pairs Well With: Spanish Smoked Paprika, lemon, citrus fruits, basil, olives
- Try In: Malagasy Spiced Marmalade
- Special Tips: Grind or use whole; the berries are small so cooking softens them enough to use as a wonderfully flavorful garnish for pizza or flatbread
Make it a Gift: Pair with blends that feature voatsiperifery - Madagascar Pickling Spice and Creole Spice. Or check out our gift sets Single Origin Cabinet of Wonders and Claire's Spice Pantry which both feature this unique pepper, Gift Wrap