Green peppercorns are harvested from the same plant as black pepper, but while the berries are still young. They are treated carefully to preserve the fresh green color and flavor, giving you a peppercorn with mild to medium heat and a vegetal, herbal flavor. Frequently brined like capers, our green pepper is dried and thus suitable for grinding in a pepper mill or mortar and pestle. Fabulous in a steak sauce or on fish!
Contains: Green peppercorns.
- Botanical Name: Piper nigrum
- Tasting Notes: Vegetal, herbal, grassy, mild/medium heat
- Pairs Well With: Makrut Lime Leaves, Costa Rican Lemongrass Pieces
- Try In: Thai curries, cream sauces, salmon
- Learn More: Claire's Journal Aromatum: Fresh Pepper Flourish
- Special Tips: Green peppercorns are softer and more crumbly than black, so a mortar and pestle with make quick work of breaking them apart to give bright bursts of herbal heat to your recipe!