Nutmeg, Sri Lankan, Whole
We directly source these delightful nutmegs directly from Sri Lanka, and love to grate them into both sweet and savory dishes. Nutty and peppery, nutmeg is wonderful for enhancing buttery, fatty flavors, and there is nothing like freshly grated nutmeg in mashed potatoes, french toast, or cream sauces.
Need a grater? This spice grater or spice mill are the perfect tools for grating the hard seed.
Contains: Whole nutmeg seeds.
- Botanical Name: Myristica fragrans
- Origin: Galle, Sri Lanka
- Tasting Notes: Nutty, peppery, woody, warm, buttery
- Pairs Well With: Meat, root vegetables, egg dishes
- Try In: Sicilian Wild Fennel Biscotti, Spring Quiche with Baies Roses
- Special Tips: If a recipe calls for ground nutmeg, double the amount if using freshly grated (taste as you add a little at a time if possible, to avoid over-spicing)