A classic baking spice for sweets, nutmeg is also wonderful in savory applications. This ground nutmeg has all the nutty, peppery warmth of the whole seed, but with the added convenience of being pre-ground. Originally hailing from Indonesia, nutmeg is delicious in beverages, pies, and sweet puddings, as well as meats, vegetables, and of course, potatoes!
Contains: Ground nutmeg.
- Botanical Name: Myristica fragrans
- Tasting Notes: Nutty, peppery, woody, warm, buttery
- Pairs Well With: Meat, root vegetables, egg dishes
- Try In: Kandy Spice Pumpkin Jam
- Special Tips: If a recipe calls for freshly grated nutmeg, halve the amount called for when substituting pre-ground