Ginger, Jamaican, Ground
Originally domesticated in Maritime Southeast Asia, ginger is thought to be one of the first spices to be exported from Asia thousands of years ago. Prized the world over for its zesty, piquant flavor, we directly source this ground ginger from Jamaica, where it is grown with love by our friends at High Noon Spice. Considered to be of particularly high quality, we love this Jamaican ginger in Caribbean dishes as well as classic baked goods.
Contains: Dried ground ginger.
- Botanical Name: Zingiber officinale
- Origin: Treasure Beach, Jamaica
- Sourcing: Directly sourced from a small family farm using traditional farming practices
- Tasting Notes: Zesty, piquant, hot, peppery, citrusy
- Pairs Well With: Mace Blades, desserts, curries
- Try In: Ginger-Pecan Granola, Turmeric Samosa Soup