Garlic, Black Powder
Made by aging whole bulbs of fresh garlic over several weeks under controlled heat and humidity, black garlic attributes its rich flavor to the Maillard reaction - the chemical process that produces new flavor compounds responsible for the deep taste of seared meat and caramelized onions.
Mellow with lots of umami, this versatile powder can be used anywhere you would use black garlic cloves. With notes of roasted garlic, balsamic vinegar, and tamarind, black garlic can be used in dips, savory scones, or in fried rice dishes. Try this to add depth to vegan and vegetarian recipes!
Contains: Dried black garlic powder.
- Botanical Name: Allium sativum
- Origin: Blacksburg, Virginia USA
- Sourcing: Directly sourced
- Tasting Notes: Umami, sweet, balsamic, tamarind, roasted garlic
- Pairs Well With: Legumes, red meat, salad dressings
- Try In: Everything Kale Salad with Roasted Roots & Farro, Black-Garlic Carrot Hummus, Pumpkin Soup with Black Garlic
- Special Tips: The powder is highly concentrated- use 1/4 teaspoon for each clove called for in your recipe