Cinnamon, Cassia, Quills
While closely related to the sweet cinnamon most commonly used in Indian cuisine, cassia cinnamon is hotter and zestier with a much thicker bark. Sweet cinnamon quills are flaky, thin, and easily crushed or ground. Cassia quills are a thick, hard single layer that holds up well to infusing in hot beverages or long cooking times. Bring the satisfying warmth of classic cinnamon to your next batch of mulled cider, or grate over oatmeal and pies.
Contains: Cassia cinnamon quill.
- Botanical Name: Cinnamomum burmannii
- Alternate Names: Korintje quills
- Tasting Notes: Piquant, hot, classic, smooth, sweet, slightly citrusy
- Pairs Well With: Cider, oatmeal, mulled wine
- Try In: A hot toddy or hot apple cider